Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Four New Squares

Hello Music Lover,
Kathy and I got together yesterday, and by the end of the day, we had completed four new squares!

Kathy had brought with her a work-in-progress square, "Here Comes the Sun". Afterwards we decided that the order of colours at a sunset weren't quite right, so we changed them, and then for good measure we added some crazy quilt-like stitches.


Thinking of the Beatles made me all nostalgic for some of the greatest songs of all time. So - from "A Hard Day's Night", right in the middle of the Sixties, is another great hit by Paul McCartney.


I'm not going to give you a title for this one - I'll let you figure it out for yourself!

Rubber Soul came out when I was living in London, and "Nowhere Man" was instantly singable. It is probably the first song I figured out the chords for the first time I played it on my guitar!


But I think this one is the best of the day's efforts. Both Kathy and I have sung Stanford's "The Bluebird"and I think this interpretation by Kathy beautifully captures the clear soprano voice singing "blue in blue"as the bird sees his reflection in the water below. Great one, Kathy!


Well, that's all for now. Back to the studio to tackle something without words - something a little dark and so poignant: Barber's Adagio for Strings.

Take care!
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment